District / City Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committee
In order to address the health care needs of the people of the country, National Health Mission (NHM) was approved by the Government of India. National Health Mission (NHM) encompasses the two sub-missions of National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and National Urban Health Mission (NUHM). NHM is both flexible and dynamic and is intended to guide City/District/States towards ensuring the achievement of universal access to health care through strengthening of health systems, institutions & capabilities.
National Health Mission (NHM) envisages a robust mechanism for monitoring. Emphasis has been placed on the community monitoring of NHM activities. The Members of Parliament (MPs) have also been associated with District Health Society (DHS) and Rogi Kalyan Samiti (RKS) concerned with planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
However, it has been felt that the greater involvement of the Members of Parliament will help in ensuring enhanced community involvement and accountability in rural and urban areas.
Therefore, it has been decided to constitute District /City* Level Vigilance and Monitoring Committee (D/CLVMC) of NHM under the chairmanship of the MP of Lok Sabha in each City/District to monitor the progress of implementation of NHM.
The District/City Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committee will monitor the progress of implementation of National Health Mission (both NRHM & NUHM) under the overall Framework for Implementation. The D/CLVMC will also review strict adherence to prudent fiscal norms, inter-sectoral convergence, community participation and monitoring.
Note: (*) For Seven Mega Cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Bengaluru.
The composition of District/City Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committees shall be as follows:
3.2 Member Secretary: The Member Secretary of the D/CLVMC would be:
- 3.2.1 In Municipal Corporation areas in the Seven Mega Cities - the Municipal Commissioner.
- 3.2.2In the Districts, other than those covered by clause 3.2.1 above - the District Magistrate of the District.
- 3.3 Members: The other Members of the D/CLVMC shall be as follows:
- 3.3.1 All members of the State Legislative Assembly/Council belonging to the District/City.
- 3.3.2 Chairperson of Zila Parishad / Panchayat.
- 3.3.3 The Mayor of the City / Municipal Corporation.
- 3.3.4 Municipal Commissioner of the Municipal area.
- 3.3.5 All Chairpersons of Panchayat Samities (Block Pramukh) of the District.
- 3.3.6 CEO/ Project Director, DRDA.
- 3.3.7 Chief Officers in charge of departments of Women & Child Development, Water Supply & Sanitation and School Education and Social Justice & Empowerment, Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA), Urban Development (UD).
- 3.3.8 An eminent person from medical, social or public fields to be nominatedas per the following procedure:
- 188.8.131.52 The Chairperson of the DLVMC shall recommend a suitable "eminent person from medical, social or public fields" to the District Magistrate/District Collector, for nomination as member of DLVMC.
- 184.108.40.206 The District Magistrate/District Collector shall get police verification conducted in respect of the recommended person .
- 220.127.116.11 After police verification, if nothing adverse is reported, then necessary order/notification, nominating the person to be a member of the DL VMC shall be issued by the District Magistrate/District Collector.
- 18.104.22.168 If, after police verification, some adverse report is received then the District Magistrate/District Collector will inform the Chairperson, DLVMC. The Chairperson, DLVMC shall forward recommendation in respect of another suitable eminent person to be a member of the DLVMC, to the District Magistrate/District Collector, who after going through process enumerated in the paragraph 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 will nominate the person to DLVMC.
- 4.1 To review the progress of implementation of the animal District/City Health Action Plan under NHM and provide guidance on quarterly basis.
- 4.2 To review the release of funds by Centre and States, utilization thereof and adherence to prudent fiscal norms.
- 4.3 To undertake regular visits to the health facilities in rural/urban/city areas and ensure the availability of human resource at various levels.
- 4.4 To ensure that National Health Programmes are being optimally implemented.
- 4.5 To ensure constructive engagement and participation of all concerned departments in the city/district for multi-sectoral intervention.
- 4.6 To review and ensure that effective inter-sectoral convergence and robust community monitoring and participation is in place.
- 4.7 To recommend corrective measures to ensure that the programme objectives are achieved and services delivered in an effective as well as efficient manner.
- 4.8 To consider complaints, if any, with regard to implementation of NHM in the district/city for appropriate action.
- 4.9 To put in place effective oversight mechanisms.
|Title||Download English||Download Hindi|
|Order-Reconstitution of DLVMC for Implementation of NHM at District Levels
|| (850 KB)
|Guidelines for District / City Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committees of NHM
|| (3.27 MB)
|| (3.22 MB)
|Corrigendum Regarding: Guidelines for District / City Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committees of NHM
|| (477 KB)
|| (405 KB)
|Reconstitution of City Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committee (CLVMC) for implementation of (NHM) at city levels.
|| (1.56 MB)